1) CHIEF ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
Due to the vacant position of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) the Town of Snow Lake, Manitoba is seeking to fill that position.
The Town of Snow Lake combines a northern small town atmosphere with the sophistication and amenities because of the major economic employer HudBay Minerals. Located approximately two hours from the larger urban locations of Flin Flon, The Pas, and Thompson; Snow Lake boasts a downtown with potential, year round sports and recreation activities, parks, trails, and a center point beach, all of which are part of the extraordinary comforts that Snow Lake residents enjoy every day. With a population of approximately 900 citizens Snow Lake has an exciting and aspiring future.
This position demands technical skills in municipal administration, financial and human resource management combined with strong communication, analytical, and leadership skills. Desired candidates will have post-secondary education which will include having obtained their Certificate in the Manitoba Municipal Administrators Program or equivalent education.
You will possess:
· A demonstrated track record of leadership and senior management experience within a dynamic multi-dimensional service organization.
· A proven ability to work collaboratively with elected officials, municipal staff, community volunteers, boards and committees.
· Proven experience in strategic planning, organizational development and achieving results in building team relations.
· A thorough understanding of the Manitoba Legislative Processes, knowledge of the Manitoba Municipal Act and other job related legislation and regulations.
This is a full time management position that offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. The salary range shall be between $80,000.00 to $90,000.00 depending on your level of experience and education. It includes a generous benefits package, a Town Vehicle and Municipal Owned Residence.
A detailed Job Description is available upon request. Resumes are to be sent to:
The Town of Snow Lake
Box 40, Snow Lake, MB R0B 1M0
Fax: 204-358-2112 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 4:00 p.m. on Saturday June 23, 2018
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
2) PUBLIC WORKS MAINTENANCE MAN/MECHANIC
- Prioritize and manage all work assignments to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness
- Develop short, medium and long-term plans for the maintenance of municipal equipment
- Knowledge and understanding of equipment typical to a municipal public works operation
- Knowledge of techniques required in the construction and maintenance of roads, streets, drainage, and ditches.
- Maintain detailed records on maintenance activities, equipment, and inventories
- Preparation of various forms and applications as required
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Manitoba Workplace Safety & Health Act
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Basic ability with Email, MS Word and MS Excel
- Possession of a valid Class 5 Manitoba Drivers License.
- Class 1 Certification in Water Treatment and Distribution would be an asset
- Suitable combination of education and experience will be considered
- Hold or willing to obtain equipment safety qualifications